Plan and prepare early - This is the message for business owners affected by the T5 and T8 lamps imminent sale ban.
Businesses should be acting now to avoid disruptions and loss of lighting in their premises. The next phase of the government ban on the prohibition of placing on the market of all T5 and T8 is effective from 25th August 2023. This means that anyone using these lamps in their premises will not be able to purchase replacements.
They are commonly found in offices, schools and public places As many premises are still using them their demand has also increased, inevitably leaving this will leave some businesses without replacement stock.
It’s important to act as quickly as possible and put plans in place, before it causes a problem. The best solution is to upgrade to LEDs and there are a number of reasons to do this.
- Cost and Energy Savings: LED lights are significantly more energy-efficient than fluorescent tubes. Business owners can expect a reduction in their energy bills as LED lights consume less electricity. Additionally, LED lights have a longer lifespan, reducing the need for frequent replacements, which can result in cost savings for businesses.
- Customisation and Design: LED lights offer a variety of designs and customisation options, allowing business owners to create unique lighting setups to enhance their premises' aesthetics. This can create a more appealing and inviting environment for staff, customers and visitors. (And potentially lead to increased footfall and sales).
- Environmental Benefits: Fluorescent tubes contain mercury, a hazardous material that poses risks to the environment and human health. The ban on fluorescent tubes will contribute to a reduction in mercury pollution. LED lights, on the other hand, do not contain any hazardous materials, making them more eco-friendly.
- Reduced Maintenance: As mentioned earlier, LED lights have a longer lifespan compared to fluorescent tubes. This means that business owners will spend less time and resources on constantly replacing bulbs, reducing maintenance costs and the inconvenience of frequent replacements.
- Enhanced Lighting Quality: LED lights provide better quality of light compared to fluorescent tubes. They offer improved colour rendering, allowing for more accurate representation of colours, which can be advantageous for businesses that rely on accurate colour representation such as retail stores, manufacturers, education institutes, art galleries, and more.
EMC’s team of qualified electricians and installers are ready to discuss your specific needs and help business' maximize the benefits of an LED upgrade. The end-to-end process covers every detail, down to the appropriate colour, brightness, temperature, cost, efficiency and light distribution, to best meet your requirements.